Ways to enjoy SIM membership:
- Attend a local chapter meeting or event - your local SIM chapter is where members meet to network, to exchange information, and to learn about what's new in the industry. SIM has over 40 local chapters - click on Chapters in the top navigation bar to learn more about a chapter near you.
- Attend a regional or national event at discounted rates - meet other IT executives at a regional CIO Forum or at SIM's signature event, SIM Connect Live.
- Check out SIM's Members-In-Transition Program - whether you are in transition or keeping an eye out for your next opportunity, the MIT Program has resources from major search firms, tips for managing your career, and more. The group is open to all members and includes those who are looking for some help/advice in their job searches as well as those who are employed and willing to help. Participate in the weekly conference calls and email groups where members share leads and offer free advice.
- Join a working group - gain professional edge by collaborating with peers across industries and geographies. Currently active groups include:
- SIM Women
- IT Procurement
- Digital Risk
- Gain insight into current trends - SIM's Advanced Practices Council (APC) is a community of CIOs who commission academic research on IT management topics. Findings are made available to all SIM members through our web site. Recent published reports include:
- SaaS, IaaS and PaaS: Realities and Emerging Integration Issues
- How Do CIOs Measure and Communicate IT Performance?
- Energy Informatics
- Develop individual leadership skills - SIM's Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) is an intensive, nine-month leadership development program focused on creating authentic leaders. It is designed to help CIOs develop their high potential IT leaders/managers. SIM members receive a discount.
- Enjoy a subscription to SIM's weekly newsletter - SIM Connect tackles today's most relevant issues, gathered from sources like The Associated Press, The New York Times, Financial Times and the leading industry publications. SIM Connect keeps professionals informed of topics that impact the daily operation of their business. Access to the archives is also available with SIM membership. Click HERE to learn more about advertising in SIM Connect.
- Discover what your peers are doing - SIM News Extra is a monthly newsletter which contains a compilation of association news, articles of interest, interviews and industry insights.
- And much more! Check out all SIM Programs here.
SIM's membership year is January 1 - December 31.