2022 Chapter Awards Winners Announced!
SIM recognizes members who contribute to the growth, advancement and excellence of their local chapter. This year, four recipients were chosen by a panel of five judges and were formally recognized alongside all 30+ nominees at the 2023 Chapter Leader Summit in Chicago.
If you missed the celebration in Chicago, check out the recording here.
Congratulations to the winners!
- Chapter Innovator of the Year - Kevin Christ, DFW
The Chapter Innovator of the Year award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated exceptional creativity and innovation in advancing the chapter's goals and mission. The award showcases innovative ideas and practices, providing valuable insights and best practices for other chapters to learn from and apply in their own operations. Ultimately, the Chapter Innovator of the Year award aims to acknowledge and promote innovation, creativity, and excellence within both the chapter and the broader organization or community.
- Chapter Champion of the Year - John Murdock, Charlotte
Chapter Champion of the Year award recognizes an individual who has gone above and beyond to raise awareness of the chapter by recruiting new members, improving brand awareness through marketing and social media, organizing successful events, providing mentorship or support to other members, or advocating for the chapter in the community.
- Chapter Community Impact Award - Barbie Barta, DFW
The Chapter Community Impact Award acknowledges chapter leaders who have made notable positive contributions to the community through philanthropic work, volunteerism, community involvement, or any other valuable service. This award recognizes their outstanding achievements and serves as an inspiration for others to emulate. It honors individuals who have positively impacted both the chapter and the wider community.
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Pat Randall, Boston
A Chapter Lifetime Achievement award is given to recognize and honor an individual's significant and outstanding contributions, typically over a long period of time. This award acknowledges the recipient's extraordinary dedication and commitment to the organization and its goals, and their lasting impact on the chapter's success and growth. The award serves as a way to acknowledge the individual's exceptional leadership, mentorship, and volunteerism within the chapter, and to inspire other members to follow in their footsteps.
We are grateful to all our nominees who individually and collectively exemplify a commitment to building their local communities and living SIM’s brand. We also want to thank our representing a cross-section of the country:
- Heidi Holdener, Chair, Wisconsin
- Nellson Burns, Dallas-Fort Worth, 2021 Awardee
- Raj Kurup, Fairfield Westchester, 2021 Awardee
- Dr. Stephen Landry, New Jersey, 2021 Awardee
- Amanda Mavourneen, Boston, 2021 Awardee
2022 SIM Chapter Leader of the Year Nominees:
Chapter Champion of the Year
- John Murdock, Winner, Charlotte
- Gene Barskiy, New Jersey
- James Parks, Capital Area
- Tim Rolfing, Minnesota
- Bill Waas, Tampa
- Rebecca Mookerjee, Houston
- Colleen Kranz, Minnesota
- Grete Tiemeier, Minnesota
- Laura Hemenway, Arizona
- John Nelson, Seattle
- Antonio Taylor, Memphis
Community Impact Award
- Barbie Barta, Winner, Dallas-Fort Worth
- Gary Russell, Houston
- Margot Carleton, Boston
- Myron Braun, Minnesota
- Michael Paradise, Arizona
- Herb Hofman, NY Metro
Innovator of the Year
- Kevin Christ, Winner, Dallas - Fort Worth
- Craig Holbrook, Boston
- Keola Ohumukini, Seattle
- Dan Rohda, Minnesota
- Quintin McGrath, Tampa
- Pat Randall, Boston
- Pradeep Kumar, Portland
- Judy Arteche-Carr, NY Metro
- Rhona Kannon, Fairfield-Westchester
- Andrew Jackson, Dallas-Fort Worth
- Michael Sperling, Arizona
- George Crawford, Houston
- Stephen Webster, Houston
- Beth Galliher-Ponce, Seattle
- John Murdock, Charlotte
Congratulations to the 2022 SIM Chapter Leaders of the Year!