Director | Chief Operating Officer at Massaro
James is a highly effective, results-oriented executive leading teams to ensure alignment and continuity between business strategy, execution and delivery, and operational / technology support services. Proven track record in collaborating and building relationships, strategic planning, financial management, organizational design, risk management, short- and long-term investment planning, and leading and developing others in a way that they feel valued and empowered to reach their fullest potential. Experienced in delivering board-level presentations, corporate messaging, media relations, and public speaking.
Throughout his career, James has served in various leadership roles including; SVP, Global IT Services, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Chief Operating Officer, Measured Progress; Vice President, Enterprise Infrastructure & Operations, BJ's Wholesale Club; Sr. Director , Enterprise Infrastructure & Operations, CVS Caremark, plus his current position as Chief Operating Officer at Massaro.
In addition to his professional career, James has held various leadership roles within SIM Boston and SIM National.
Local SIM Boston Positions held:
SIM National Leadership Positions held:
- Sponsorship Co-Chair – 2020/Current
- Board Trustee 2017 – Current
- Co-Chair with Kevin More, Technology Leadership Summit 2018 - 2019
- Chair Nominating Committee 2018
- Chapter President – 2017
- Chapter Vice President – 2016
- Chapter Secretary – 2015
- Co-Chair Sponsorship & Partner Alliances – 2012 - 2015
- Director, National Board – 2020/Current
- Finance Committee
- Chapter Support Committee
- Sponsorship Committee
- Member, National Management Council – 2018 - 2019
- Founder and Chair for National Chapter Advisory Board – 2018 - Current
In his spare time, James enjoys spending time with his son and traveling to new places. He is an avid golfer and he recently began to learn to ski.