Please join us on Friday October 21, when we will welcome Jerry Luftman, Managing Director of the Global Institute for IT Management, were he has leveraged his experience as a CIO, IT management consultant, and academic, along with his strong network of prominent academics and IT practitioners to drive research around global IT trends. Jerry will lead us in a discussion around the consolidated results from this year’s research.
Key Headlines from this year’s study include:
1. Intensifying Business Attentiveness to IT:
- Swiftly Reducing Business Expenses & Generating Revenue
- SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud), & Security
2. Budgets, Hiring, Salaries Increasing, Albeit Cautiously
3. IT Spending/Budget Trend
- More on Things
- Less on People
4. 70% of Budgets Domestic; Offshore Outsourcing on the Rise (26%)
5. The Role of the CIO and Other IT Leaders Is Evolving
6. IT Business Alignment Remains Essential
Since its inception in 1980, the Society for Information Management (SIM) survey has helped IT leaders understand important issues and trends. Dr. Luftman coordinated this initiative from 1999 - 2014. Since 2009, management associations from around the globe (including CIOnet) have participated. This annual global IT perspective, presents the insights from over 2,650 organizations representing every major geography (North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, Middle East, and Australia) and industry, including a look at the future role of IT.
You can learn more about Jerry’s background and experience here: Jerry Luftman Profile