- Networking: Participation in local chapter meetings, conferences, roundtables, and seminars.
- Knowledge Sharing: Access to Working Group deliverables, Advances Practices Council (APC) research, Member eNewsletters, Webcasts and SIM's online community SIMnet.org.
- Education: Access to the SIM Regional Leadership Forum, providing history-specific training for future IT leaders.
- Advocacy: The collaborative "voice" of SIM on issues such as cyberspace security and software licensing.
- Industry Leadership: Access to peers (locally and nationally) who understand and manage similar challenges and issues.
- Community Outreach and Awareness: Opportunity to contribute to the growth of the local IT community via special industry programs.
SIM's wealth of information and outreach capacity is a direct result of its diverse membership. In addition to being IT leadership-focused, SIM Membership spans across industries, concentrations and professions. To continue fostering a valuable membership experience, ensuring a quality exchange, and representative influence, SIM's three member categories are:
A senior-level IT professional in either a public or private sector orgranization meeting the following criteria:
- Corporate/divisional head of a corporate or divisional IT organization. Member of an IT management staff supporting corporate/divisional IT heads with key management roles, as certified by the head of the organization.
A full-time university or college faculty member making a significant contribution to the IT field.
Leaders at the partner/principal level who influence the direction of their own company or their clients' companies, and who directly contribute to the IT profession.
**SIM adheres to a strict policy against marketing or commercial activity; sales and marketing representatives are accepted as members through the SIM Partner Program.
2013 Memberships are available (fees include Chapter and SIM International dues)
|For Profit||$320 annually|
|Retired For Profit||$160 annually|
|Retired Non-Profit ||$80 annually|
Gift for Chapter startup costs. Any donation is accepted.
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
San Diego Chapter by-laws (PDF version)
The following organizations are represented in SIM San Diego:
American Internet Services
California State University San Marcos
Daymon Interactions, Inc.
Encore Capital Group
First American Title Insurance Corporation
HGST, a Western Digital company
Insurance Company of the West
KP OnCall, LLC
Kratos Defense and Security Solutions
North County Health Services
PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
Point Loma Credit Union
Point Loma Nazarene University
Rady Children's Hospital
San Diego Futures Foundation
San Diego Housing Commission
San Diego State University
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
The Carrera Agency
Veteran's Medical Research Foundation
West Development, LLC
West Health Institute