Welcome to the industry's most prestigious association for IT executives. Joining SIM connects you with nearly 3,000 of the world's premier IT leaders. Our resources provide you with both practical and insightful business solutions, along with educational opportunities for professional developement and growth.
Need to renew? click here
To qualify for membership in SIM, you must belong to one of these four leadership categories:
Professional: A senior information management (IM) professional in a private or public sector organization who is a corporate/division head or a member of an IM management team supporting the corporate/division IM head with key management responsibilities. This category includes:
- CIOs and CTOs
- CIO's and CTO's direct reports
- Other IM leaders and managers whose roles significantly impact the profitability and direction of their company.
Academic: A full-time university or college faculty member who is making significant contribution to the IM field. An academician who is a recognized scholar and conducts practice-oriented research and/or is a leader in IM curriculum design initiatives. Someone who has reached a senior level in the academic community and has significant influence over the direction of IM education.
Consultant: A leading expert from a consulting firm who influences the direction of their own company or the direction of their clients’ companies. These individuals must be able to demonstrate that they operate at the senior level and that their responsibilities are primarily in delivering IM services, not selling IM services. Consultants must not engage in marketing at meetings.
Member in Transition: A senior information management (IM) professional in transition or retired who has been a government or corporate/division head or a member of an IM management team supporting the corporate/division IM head with key management responsibilities.
Membership Application Process:
- All interested applicants will be asked to fill out an application form
- Upon receipt, applicants are reviewed by the Membership VP of the SIM Minnesota Chapter to assure qualifications are met
- The Chapter Board makes the final decision on a candidate's qualification for membership
- Candidates are notified of the Board's decision
For more information please contact the Membership Committee representative of the SIM Minnesota Chapter.
Request an Application
To request an application form, click here
Your completed MN SIM application should be emailed to Terry Bonertz or mailed to
Minnesota SIM Chapter
5115 Excelsior Blvd
St Louis Park, MN 55416-2906
2012 Minnesota SIM Member Companies
Advance IT Minnesota
- AgStar Financial
- Ambient Consulting
- Anagram International
- API Group
- Charter Solutions
- City of RedWing
- Cunningham Group Architecture
- Dunwoody College of Technology
- Enterprise Analysts Associates
- Federated Mutual Insurance Co.
- Guide Tech Service LLC
- HB Fuller
- Involve IT, Inc.
- J&B Group Inc
- JMW Consulting, Inc.
- Langfeldt & Associates, Inc
- Minnesota Medical Foundation
- Perzel & Associates
- Phoenix Endeavors
- Resturant Technologies, Inc
- Risk Analytics
- Sherwood Forest
- Skyline Displays, Inc
- The Mosaic Company
- Travelers Insurance
- Trexin Consulting
- TSI Inc.
- University of Minnesota
- US Energy Services
- Western National
- Wilson Tool International, Inc.