Membership is offered to invited candidates who have a vested interest in broadly-based information systems and who are:
- The Chief Information Officer or the Senior Information Systems Executive for their organization
- Direct reports to the CIO or Senior Information Systems Executive and sponsored by him or her for membership
- Persons directly responsible for the process of defining the strategy for information systems for their organization, or
- Persons responsible for strategic issues in the information industry overall, through such activities as professional speaking, writing articles, or conducting research
Membership is limited to practitioners rather than vendors. This policy assures members that their participation and contribution will be held in the strictest confidence due to the proprietary nature of the information that may be exchanged
Benefits of Membership:
- Network with IT professionals from leading organizations in the region
- Discuss issues of current interest with professional peers
- Hear presentations of topical interest at monthly meetings
- Attend special interest meetings with regional or national speakers
- Attend the annual Strategy Series for Executives
- Access SIM International events and resources and subscribe to the MIS Quarterly
- Participate in SIM-sponsored national conferences and other important IT management events
- Keep abreast of major technology trends
- Sharpen your IS management acumen
- Deepen your IT knowledge and understanding through links with local academic institutions
- Advance your knowledge through participation in Working Groups and Regional Leadership Forums
- Communicate with local and international peers via SIMNet
Annual dues include membership in both the local chapter and SIM International, a subscription to MIS Quarterly, access to the SIMnet.org site, and discounts to various programs and events. Special rates apply to members of educational institutions and government agencies. The dues include the cost of the meal served at the regularly scheduled meetings.
For more information about individual, corporate, or academic dues and membership, please contact the Membership Chairperson.
Membership is by invitation. Contact the Membership Chairman (see Contact Us) or any chapter member for more information. Candidates for membership are invited to attend several meetings to evaluate the appropriateness of their candidacy for themselves and for the local chapter.