This report presents the findings of SIM’s 36th Anniversary IT Trends Study based on responses from 785 mostly U.S.-based organizations, representing nearly 28% of the U.S. economy’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and over $230 billion in annual IT spending. The report includes important IT topics, including:
· The most pressing IT management issues of organizations, and the issues, technologies, and investment most worrisome to IT leaders.
· IT spending patterns and budgets, largest investments, sourcing, and the use of cloud and shared services.
· IT workforce trends, including retirement forecasts and specifics about the performance measures used for in-house and outsourced IT, as well as to evaluate IT executives.
· To whom CIOs report, what they do with their time, with whom they spend it, what they do with them, and what they think about the role of IT in strategy and innovation.
· Skill needs for the success of new IT hires, mid-level IT professionals, and CIOs.