After analyzing data provided by more than 1,000 IT leaders for the past few months, the IT Trends Study Research Team is pleased to announce the release of the 2020 SIM IT Trends Comprehensive Report. This year’s report contains numerous insights into IT issues, spending, workforce practices, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and the role of the CIO. Be sure to review the complete report to learn:
- How the role of the CIO continues its shift toward a more strategic-oriented position with a seat at the table with other top management team members.
- Whether cybersecurity, alignment, and analytics remain the most important IT issues for organizations in 2019.
- Cloud trends, including how reliance on external cloud computing continues to increase.
- What IT skills are in high demand and which are difficult to find in the current marketplace.
- What’s keeping CIOs up at night and how they are spending their time.
- How much the background of CIOs has changed over the past few years, especially prior position and employer.
The report will be released to all SIM members, free of charge, next week and can be accessed after logging into simnet.org. We want to thank SIM for its ongoing support of this valuable initiative as well as all the SIM members who graciously dedicated time to complete this year’s questionnaire.
Now that this year’s report is complete, the research team is turning its attention to the 2020 IT Trends Study questionnaire. Based on feedback from SIM members, our primary goal is to streamline the survey to reduce the time needed to complete the questionnaire. While we hope to deliver a more user-friendly survey, we still aim to deliver critical insights and analyses that you all have come to expect from the IT Trends Study. More information about the changes will be communicated early next year, ahead of the intended launch of the 2020 survey in April.
Until then, enjoy the report and your Thanksgiving holiday!