|SIM Membership Benefits|
Top ten ways to enjoy SIM membership:
1) Attend a local chapter meeting or event - your local SIM chapter is where members meet to network, to exchange information, and to learn about what's new in the industry. SIM has 36 local chapters - click on Chapters in the top navigation bar to learn more about a chapter near you.
2) Attend a regional or national event at discounted rates - meet other IT executives at a regional CIO Forum or at SIM's signature event, SIMposium.
3) Check out SIM's Members-In-Transition Program - whether you are in transition or keeping an eye out for your next opportunity, the MIT Program has resources from major search firms, tips for managing your career, and more. The group is open to all members and includes those who are looking for some help/advice in their job searches as well as those who are employed and willing to help. Participate in the weekly conference calls and email groups where members share leads and offer free advice.
4) Join a working group - gain professional edge by collaborating with peers across industries and geographies. Currently active groups include:
5) Gain insight into current trends - SIM's Advanced Practices Council (APC) is a community of CIOs who commission academic research on IT management topics. Findings are made available to all SIM members through our web site. Recent published reports include:
6) Learn about what our universities are studying - MIS Quarterly Executive (MISQE) is a journal dedicated to publishing high-quality research that IT executives can use. This is not the theoretical stuff of academic journals, this publication grew out of the need for current, practical research. SIM members have access to the entire MISQE Reference Library, which contains a listing of all articles published since its inception in June 2002.
7) Develop individual leadership skills - SIM's Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) is an intensive, nine-month leadership development program focused on creating authentic leaders. It is designed to help CIOs develop their high potential IT leaders/managers. SIM members receive a discount.
8) Enjoy a subscription to SIM's weekly newsletter - SIM Connect tackles today's most relevant issues, gathered from sources like The Associated Press, The New York Times, Financial Times and the leading industry publications. SIM Connect keeps professionals informed of topics that impact the daily operation of their business. Access to the archives is also available with SIM membership. Click HERE to learn more about SIM Connect. Click HERE to learn more about advertising in SIM Connect.
9) Discover what your peers are doing - SIM News Extra is a monthly newsletter which contains a compilation of association news, articles of interest, interviews and industry insights.
10) Review a little research - the SIM online library contains a wealth of information on hundreds of topics gathered from a variety of sources and made exclusively available to SIM members. Examples include:
SIM Women Webinar - March 29, 2017
SIM Boston Education Roundtable