- Networking: Participation in local chapter meetings, conferences, roundtables, and seminars.
- Knowledge Sharing: Access to Working Group deliverables, Advances Practices Council (APC) research, Member eNewsletters, Webcasts and SIM's online community SIMnet.org.
- Education: Access to the SIM Regional Leadership Forum, providing history-specific training for future IT leaders.
- Advocacy: The collaborative "voice" of SIM on issues such as cyberspace security and software licensing.
- Industry Leadership: Access to peers (locally and nationally) who understand and manage similar challenges and issues.
- Community Outreach and Awareness: Opportunity to contribute to the growth of the local IT community via special industry programs.
SIM's wealth of information and outreach capacity is a direct result of its diverse membership. In addition to being IT leadership-focused, SIM Membership spans across industries, concentrations and professions. To continue fostering a valuable membership experience, ensuring a quality exchange, and representative influence, SIM San Diego's current member categories are:
A senior-level IT professional in either a public or private sector organization meeting the following criteria:
- Corporate/divisional head of a corporate or divisional IT organization. Member of an IT management staff supporting corporate/divisional IT heads with key management roles, as certified by the head of the organization.
A full-time university or college faculty member making a significant contribution to the IT field.
2014 Memberships are available (fees include Chapter and SIM International dues)
|For Profit||$320 annually|
|Retired For Profit||$160 annually|
|Retired Non-Profit ||$80 annually|
Gift for Chapter startup costs. Any donation is accepted.
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
San Diego Chapter by-laws (PDF version)
The following organizations are represented in SIM San Diego:
American Internet Services
California State University San Marcos
CRES Insurance Services, LLC
CUSO Financial Services
Encore Capital Group
HGST, a Western Digital company
Insurance Company of the West
Jack in the Box
KP OnCall, LLC
Kratos Defense and Security Solutions
North County Health Services
Point Loma Credit Union
Point Loma Nazarene University
San Diego Futures Foundation
San Diego Housing Commission
San Diego State University
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
Stone Brewing Co.
The Carrera Agency
The Ken Blanchard Companies
West Development, LLC
West Health Institute