- About SIM
- SIM Connect Live
- Join SIM
|Dallas-Ft Worth Purpose, Vision & Mission|
|Group HomeGroup PagesDirectory & Features|
Purpose, Mission & Vision of SIM-DFW Chapter
What is SIM?
The Society for Information Management (SIM) is the premier professional society for senior/chief information officers with significant leadership responsibilities in leading corporations, academia, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. The objective of the society is to meet the professional and educational requirements of these members.
Dallas/Fort Worth Area Chapter (Marketing Brochure)
Founded in 1983, the Dallas/Fort Worth Area Chapter of SIM is a regional organization for top information executives in North Texas. Our current membership of over 250 individuals (growth chart) includes senior information managers from more than 160 local industry organizations, government agencies, and universities (member profiles).
Members meet monthly to hear presentations by top practitioners, industry leaders, and nationally recognized experts in information systems and management practices. These monthly meetings offer members an opportunity to discuss important managerial and technical issues and concerns with their peers.
Meetings are generally held on the first Monday of each month (except July) with a traditional Holiday Banquet held in December.
The Dallas/Fort Worth Area Chapter was one of the first of more than thirty chapters chartered by SIMI, an international organization for top information executives (over 2,800 members). SIM International assists its members by sponsoring a variety of innovative programs that include:
Mission and Goals Statements
The mission of the Dallas/Fort Worth Area Chapter of SIM is to apply information technology to solving business problems through Leadership, Technology, and Best Practices.
The DFW area SIM Chapter has the following goals:
Dallas/Fort Worth Area Chapter Scholarships
The Dallas/Fort Worth Area chapter began to offer six scholarships in 1996 to metroplex-area students pursuing careers as practitioners in information systems and technology. The selected individuals were outstanding students recommended by their schools. Today, academic scholarships totaling $8,000 are now provided to students at four local universities.
Qualifications for Membership
The Chapter is primarily intended for chief information and/or technology officers. All applications are reviewed for acceptance. Total membership is targeted to be a minimum of 70% information systems executives and senior practitioners, and the remaining 30% academicians and senior professionals from consulting firms and other service organizations in the information systems field.
The Chapter adheres to a strict policy against any marketing of commercial activities; therefore, sales and marketing executives are not eligible for membership.
Membership in the Chapter includes membership in SIM International. As a chapter member, you will receive all the benefits of, and access to, being a member of a large international organization.
Summary: Why Join SIM?
Last updated: 7/23/2012
SIM Women Leadership Summit