Seminar: "The Creative CIO: How the CIO Role Is Changing"
This program will address how corporate IT departments, led by creative CIOs, are evolving from being a cost center to a profit center, from keeping the lights on to having a strategic vision and a seat at the business executive table, and to driving revenue through innovative technology, data analytics, etc.
A Principle at KPMG, Gianna D'Angelo will provide insight and samples of the changing CIO role, gleaned from the Harvey Nash/KPMG worldwide 2016 CIO survey, "The Creative CIO," which covers everything from changing roles and priorities, to salaries, to outsourcing, to cyber security, to digital leadership, and more.
SIM member, Candida Seasock, will provide insight on how the CIO role is changing based on her experience working with many senior IT leaders on a daily basis.
Senior Global IT Executive, Jim Worth, will illustrate how the CIO role is changing from his perspective, having served in multiple IT leadership roles.
Senior Human Resources Vice President, Chris Giangresso, will discuss the changing CIO role from a human resources perspective.
Coordinator: Charlie Cachili, EVP Operations, Implify Inc.
Dinner Presentation: Hot Topic Roundtable Discussions Among Peers
During our October meeting you will have the opportunity to hear from our best experts - YOU, our SIM Members! Each table will be given a topic to discuss, and one person from each table will do a quick presentation of the table's summary and findings. This is a great opportunity to meet your peers and get to know them while sharing and learning. Select your topic/table of interest and come hear and share timely and current information on topics that are on top of your mind and of interest to YOU!
Coordinator: Larry Bilker
Coordinator: Larry Bilker
- Business Applications: What Is Hot Today?
- Talent Retention Strategies: What Have You Tried?
- Outsourcing: Is the Value Diminishing? Any new trends?
- Software-As-a-Service and Cloud Computing: Any New Hot Players? What Is Working Well?
- Internet of Things: How Are You Taking Advantage of This Growing Area?
- Open Source Technology: How Are You Taking Advantage of It?
- The Upcoming Election and Its Impact on Technology
- Social Media Use and Policy: Allow or Limit?
- Quick Wins vs. Long Projects: Which Work Best (give examples)?
- Cyber Security Challenges: How Can You Minimize Your Risk?
- Mobility: What Are You Doing with Phablets, Tablets, and Mobile Devices?
- Business Analytics: What Are You Doing with Big Data?
- Today’s CEO & CFO: What Are Your Expectations?