History and Mission
The Fairfield/Westchester Chapter of SIM is the area's fastest growing not-for-profit organization of IT leaders. Started in 2000, the Chapter now boasts over 200 members and continues to receive accolades from SIMI for membership growth and value year-on-year.
The mission of the Fairfield/Westchester chapter is providing for its members:
- The premier network for IT leadership.
- Resources and programs inspired by IT leaders for IT leaders.
- A community of thought leaders who share experiences and rich intellectual capital that can be applied in their organizations.
- The further development of the leadership capabilities of themselves and emerging leaders in their organizations.
- A collective voice to advocate policy and legislation on behalf of the IT profession across industries.
Message from the President
Welcome to 2012 and another year of FW SIM activity and outstanding events. I look forward to the many opportunities to work with you, our members and the Board to continue to make our chapter the best SIM Chapter on the planet.
We have a terrific board in place and one of the most credible membership rosters across the country. This has been and continues to be one of the key success factors to the high value proposition FW SIM provides to more than 200 business and technology leaders across Fairfield County CT and Westchester County NY.
Our strategic objectives are to make our monthly events truly world class, to make sure we get the message out about the value of membership and to give back to the community in a meaningful way.
We invite you to leverage your skills and experience to help our chapter achieve our goals. There are many opportunities for you to get involved including:
I am confident working together we can take the chapter to even greater heights and deliver a great experience for everyone involved.
- Programs — get involved in supporting our efforts as we move to broaden the types of topics and speakers we have to include more conversations with business leaders (i.e. CXOs) as well as events focused on the topic of leadership best practices. We seek fresh input on new approaches, topics, areas of focus to provide to our members.Suggest or perhaps be a speaker.
- Collaboration — help create even more value for those members who do not attend our monthly events through alternative means of delivery, or better still, encourage them to come to a meeting. Also invite qualified non-members to accompany you at no cost.
- Social Responsibility — we are building on our successful mentoring program. But beyond this, we are looking for creative and efficient ways to give more back to our community.Please feel free to contact me or any member of the Board with your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. We are open to discussing any means of advancing our agenda and contributing toward our goals.
Joseph A. Puglisi
Fairfield Westchester Chapter SIM
CIO, EMCOR Corporation
Message from the Chairman
Dear Members of FW SIM:
Welcome to our Website. Our objective at FW SIM is to create an environment where our members can grow professionally while enjoying the camaraderie of their valued colleagues. Our focus is on creating a great experience through access to world class practitioners, innovative thought leaders, thought provoking events and collaborative approaches to sharing best practices. Like any member driven organization, we at FW SIM will only be as good as you, our members make us. We need your active engagement, energy, acumen and passion to continue to grow and thrive as an organization. Each of you has talents and experiences which can make a difference in the quality of our chapter. Please take the time and effort to let people know what type of contribution you would be most excited about making, and what type of value you would like to get out of your SIM experience. Together we can make FW SIM the most innovative, exciting and vibrant chapter in the country. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event and to welcoming you as a part of our family.
Chief Information Officer
United States Tennis Association