|Code of Ethics
The Society for Information Management?s reputation is one of its most valuable assets. It sets the tone for the relationships that SIM members and prospective members enjoy. The Fairfield / Westchester SIM Chapter is committed to maintaining a culture in which the highest principles and values are not just respected, they?re practiced with honesty and integrity. While participating in chapter activities individuals:
- Will abide by the Bylaws, Policies, & Practices of the Chapter. Click here to the view the FW Chapter Bylaws.
- Will refrain from engaging in sales activity, including direct or indirect solicitation, or conduct any other activity contrary to the purposes of the Chapter. The term ?sales activity? is defined as the proposal, negotiation, or acceptance of terms and/or conditions associated with the use, rental, lease, purchase, or return of information technology strategies, architectures, products, or services.
- Will refrain from distributing brochures, fliers, handouts, etc., or posting displays of any kind without approval of the Chapter.
- Will refrain from engaging in any form of personal recruiting or seeking employment opportunities.
- Will refrain from using the Chapter name other than in the conduct of Chapter business as determined by the Bylaws of the Chapter and/or the Executive Committee.
- Will refrain from using any Chapter membership list or any part thereof except in the conduct of Chapter business as determined by the Bylaws and/or the Executive Committee.
- Will restrict the use of Chapter technical information or materials (work products, works in progress, and databases), in any media form, to the purposes defined by the Bylaws and/or the Executive Committee. Examples include, but are not limited to, white papers, requirements, conference files, conference agendas, plans, and proceedings of the Chapter.
- Will refrain from engaging in any activity which violates the proprietary rights of their employers, the Chapter, or any other person or organization.
- Will conduct themselves and their activities in a professional manner marked by integrity and respect for others.