Fairfield-Westchester Chapter Management
Board of Directors
VP & CIO, QDHM Marketing Partners
Vice President, Programs
Principal & CEO, HMG Strategy, LLC
CIO, GE Capital - America
VP, Academic Affairs
VP & CTO, Nori & Associates,
Divison of the Evaluator, Inc.
Business Relationship Management
Director of Technical Products, Medifit
VP, Member Services
CIO, Central National, Gottesman, Inc.
Director, Member Recruitment
Director, IT Permanent Placement,
Centerpoint, a division of
Oxford Global Resources
Chief Operating Officer,
Make-A-Wish of CT
Manager, Chateaux Software
President, Stamford Information Solutions
President, Halbrecht Lieberman Associates
Director, Chairperson Emeritus
Director, IBSG, Cisco Systems, Inc.
CIO, Crane Co.
CIO, Enterprise Enablement & Corporate,
XL Global Services, Inc.
Board of Director Minutes:
Please take the FWSIM Chapter survey as we value your input:
I would like to thank all of our members who took the time to participate in our online FWSIM chapter survey. The purpose of this survey was to get your feedback on how we can improve the value of your membership. This is your chapter and we are committed to improving your experience. The following represents a number of key findings:
- The single biggest motivation for joining FWSIM continues to be the desire to network with your colleagues.
- 91% of those surveyed stated they were either satisfied or very satisfied with the overall value they receive from their membership.
- In terms of the type of events they would like to attend:
100% were either interested or very interested in formal presentations from industry experts.
91% were either interested or strongly interested in panel discussions.
94% were either interested or strongly interested in interactive sessions engaging our members.
- Regarding potential topics of interest for future events: 62% were either interested of very interested in Financial markets and the Economy.
65% were either interested of very interested in the Impact of Government and the new Administration.
88% were either interested of very interested in Leadership Best Practices.
82% were either interested of very interested in Career Management.
94% were either interested of very interested in hearing presentation from business executives (CXOs).
56% were either interested of very interested in Daytime WebEx sessions on a topic of interest.
41% were either interested of very interested in YouTube-like videos of presentations.
64% were either interested of very interested in one-on-one mentoring opportunities.
83% were either interested of very interested in Group mentoring discussions regarding best practices.
- Only 15% of our members currently find our web site of value. We are in the process of totally revamping our web site to address this lack of satisfaction. I would invite you to visit the new site athttp://www.simnet.org/Chapters/Northeast/FairfieldWestchester/tabid/199/Default.aspx to check out the enhancements that have been made and the new content that is on the site.
- 71% would definitely recommend FWSIM to a colleague, and the other 29% would probably recommend FWSIM membership to a colleague.
- 65% of the people surveyed would like to participate in a future session as a presenter or a panelist. If you are one of these people, please reach out to us regarding your interest and the topic you feel you would like to discuss.
- 91% would be interested in attending a springtime SIM event. If you haven’t already done so, please sign up for the April 22nd event we are co-sponsoring with CIO magazine at the Roosevelt Hotel in NYC. The url ishttp://public.cxo.com/conferences/index.html?conferenceID=40 and our registration priority code is simfw.
Once again I would like to thank everyone who participated in the survey and provided us your feedback. We will take your feedback and work to shape future programs and offerings to meet the needs and interests you expressed to us. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the survey or anything else regarding our future direction and plans.
Chief Information Officer
United States Tennis Association
Program Feedback Reports
Motivate and Speak Like a CEO - January 21, 2010, Doral Arrowwood
Program Feedback Report 1.21.10.xls
January 15 - "Improv" for IT Executives - Jim Tosone, Pfizer Inc.
Program Feedback Report 1 15 09.xls
February 12 - Financial Crisis 2008-2009: What’s next and where’s the opportunity?
Program Feedback Report 2.12.09.xls
March 19 - Agility and Scrum: Management Power — and Responsibility
Program Feedback Report 3.19.09.xls
April 16, 2009 - Leading Fearless Change - Mary Lynn Manns, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of North Carolina at Asheville
Program Feedback Report 4.16.09.xls
May 21, 2009 - The Invisible Data Center – Yuri Aguiar, Senior Partner & Chief Information Officer, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
June 25, 2009 - Maximizing Your Executive Presence - Mary Jo Greil, President, Carson Greil Group, LLC
Program Feedback Report 6.25.09.xls
September 17, 2009 - The World Cafe
Program Feedback Report 9.17.09.xlsx
SIM World Cafe - Wine, Food & Fun Table.doc
SIM World Cafe - If I were an FWSIM board member.docx
SIM World Cafe - Cost Reduction.docx
November 19, 2009 - Breakthrough Innovation - Madeline Weiss, Director, SIM Advanced Practices Council
Program Feedback Report 11.19.09.xls